© Preterm 2018 | 12000 Shaker Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44120 | info@preterm.org

Preterm logo

Where to start...

December 29, 2018

“Where to start... the night before my abortion. I woke up having a nightmare about everything and was awake for a while. I went back to sleep and woke up for my appointment and was more nervous than anything ever before! I had my boyfriend to support me and come with me and that helped a lot. I got ready to leave the house and got immediate butterflies the closer we got to the clinic. Finally, we arrived, and I checked in.


I went back for an ultra sound and I was 16 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I know. I was freaking out since I went a week before and had no clue I was 15 weeks and contemplated keeping my baby since I was so far, however I knew I needed to go to school and take care of me first. I got called back and I talked to the patient advocate and felt a lot better. Then came the nurse who I asked a 100 questions to, LIKE actually 100! Then I paid, and after I paid, I went into a room where the doctor gave me pills and a little bit of water. I swallowed them and my nerves kicked in so bad! I was put in a room where 2 nice nurses and one other girl who was 14 weeks talked to me, the girl eased me a lot.


I braced myself for extreme cramping and practically death. The girl next to me got nauseous and I never did. She was still ok though, barely cramped like me. They finally made me change a few minutes after the other girl and I talked with 2 other girls going through the same thing. They were very comforting! Then finally it was time.


A very nice nurse walked me back and I sat down on the bed and another nurse came in, and the doctor and anesthesiologist. We talked and laughed and before I knew it was out like a light. I woke up in the recovery room 20 minutes after surgery and felt a little sore and out of it from the anesthesia but I was fine! I was bleeding a pretty decent amount. I answered a few questions, changed into my normal clothes and actually walked my self out. It wasn’t so bad and I was in great hands. I am a chicken... so don’t be scared like I was. Turned out to be ay okay. Hope I eased your mind. I am now woken up from my 4 hour nap, showered and ready for dinner! I did also get a heating pad and slept on it that helped so much! On my way to get my azithromycin.”  —Anonymous

Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags

November 8, 2019

Please reload

RSS Feed
Follow us
Recent Posts